Friday, December 19, 2008

Politics and waiting...

The latest is that I'm still here in Gomera and waiting for my port clearances to be reissued. We've watched the 36 hour window I had for departure come and go, which has been frustrating, especially because the sea and wind conditions are ideal for a smooth get-away.

The hope is that the clearance is renewed tomorrow, at which point we can start looking at the weather again to see when I might be able to leave.

With that said, the good news is that the boat is all packed and ready for departure. Of course, this would not have been possible without the help of Liz Tomic and Joy Ridley, who have thought through and organized hundreds of pounds of food, etc...in the boat.

I'll keep you posted tomorrow on where thing stand with both clearances and weather.

Paul

No comments: